Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases or sign ups.
Your wedding preparations can be a stressful and expensive time in your life. As a result, it might be challenging to ensure that your guests get a gift that they know you would enjoy without breaking the bank, especially if you intend to keep your gift registry private.
However, there is an alternative that will not violate your privacy while at the same time assisting your guests in finding the ideal present for them. Because of the internet, you can now have a virtual wedding register where friends and family may send gifts to help make your marriage memorable. Amazon wedding registry allows you to keep your wedding details private while allowing your friends and family to help make your union memorable.
Having a wedding registry on Amazon makes it simple for friends and family to select presents that are perfect for the couple getting married. Additionally, it assists them in discovering the ideal gifts depending on various price points. If you are interested in maintaining the confidentiality of your wedding, continue reading to acquire all of the information that you require regarding the creation of an Amazon wedding register right now.
How To Create An Amazon Registry
Step 1 – Amazon Account
You must first create an Amazon account if you don’t already have one. Add your name, e-mail address, and password in a simple step-by-step process.
Step 2 – Wedding Registry Creation
Creating a wedding registry on Amazon.com is the second step. There are three pages you must go through after clicking the “Create Wedding Registry” button.
Please see the following instructions on how to complete these fields:
- First, enter your full names and include your status (i.e., Bride, Groom, or Partner)
- The next step is to select whether or not you want to allow your partner to make changes to your registration. Except if your spouse has given you free rein and doesn’t want to be included in this process. I doubt this is the case at all. So make sure this option is checked before you start the process. I
- At this point, you must also enter your main mailing address, where the presents will be delivered. Currently, Amazon does not provide the option to keep gifts for you. If you are away from home on your honeymoon, consider having gifts delivered to someone else’s home so they may accept and hold them for you until you get back.
- If you want Amazon to share your address with third-party merchants, this is the final action on this page. In other words, a large percentage of Amazon’s products are really sold by third parties. You can learn more about it by visiting this link.
It’s important to remember that not everything can be delivered overseas. Your guests will be advised if their order cannot be shipped to an overseas address on your registry (somewhere outside the United States).
Also, remember that some things may be unavailable from the 3rd party seller between the time you add the item to your registry and when a guest purchases it from the register. You should keep your registration up to date on a regular basis to ensure that all of your things are readily accessible.
Step 3 – Info about your Wedding
- Enter the date of your wedding.
- Enter the venue for your wedding.
- The number of guests is an option, although it is not required.
- As an added perk, you may inform your guests that you’re going green. Even though unwrapping presents is a lot of fun if you’d rather save a few trees, inform your friends that you don’t want them. Your guests, of course, have the final say on whether or not they listen to you.
Step 4 – Registry Privacy Settings
There are three options for registry visibility settings that you can select from. This data is always up to date by you.
- Wedding registries like this are open to the public. It’s fine if you’re hoping that a complete stranger will stumble across your register and buy you a gift. If you know that any of your parents’ friends/neighbors aren’t invited to the wedding but would like to send a gift, this is a nice choice.
- To access this Wedding Registry, you must have a link. If you are a private individual who prefers to keep your event secret, this is the best option for you.
- This Wedding Registry is only visible to you: When you’re just starting, this is your greatest option. Once the process is complete, you have the option to switch to a different privacy setting.
Privacy Settings: There are also privacy checkbox settings.
- Include registry in search results on The Knot.com: To select this option, your registry must first be visible to everyone. Amazon.com has teamed with theKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com to enable your registry to show up on those sites as well. This is supposed to help guests find your registry more easily. Although, I think if your guests already have the link, they will be able to find you just fine.
- Signing up for email updates with regards to the status of your registry. Checking this box will give you email updates when a gift has been purchased.
- Signing up to receive product offers and discounts. This option is more for Amazon to have your email address for future marketing. Unless you want a potentially bloated inbox, I would just leave this box unchecked.
Step 5 – Add Gifts to Your Registry
There are numerous advantages to using the Amazon Wedding Registry for brides and grooms-to-be; among them:
- Check out some brick-and-mortar stores to get a better sense of what you’re looking for. Determine the quality, style, and brand of products you are looking at them yourself.
- Create a wedding registry on Amazon.com.
- Find what you’re looking for on Amazon.com.
- What if Amazon doesn’t have it? Use the universal button to upload the results of a fast Google search.
- Your guests who are Amazon Prime members will appreciate it if you include Amazon Prime-eligible goods on your registry.
- Once you’ve completed your registry, be sure to share it with your loved ones!
- On your wedding website, link to your Amazon Wedding Registry page.
- Take a seat and watch for your packages to come!
Pros of an Amazon Registry
When it comes to furnishing your new home, Amazon.com is the obvious choice, but you also have the option of adding anything else you want from their almost limitless inventory to your gift registry. You can include items from any website on your Amazon wedding register as a worldwide wedding registry. A wide range of price ranges can be added to your register thanks to Amazon’s enormous inventory, making it easy for guests of different means to contribute to your big day. Shipping reductions and extended returns are just two of the many rewards of using Amazon’s wedding registry. Amazon’s wedding registry contains everything from linens to wireless headphones.
- The widest assortment of brands and products is available online.
- The Universal Capabilities feature allows you to add products from a wide range of online stores to your registry.
- There is an option for free delivery.
- Answers to queries posed by customers and other users
- On registries, gift vouchers are accepted.
- Refunds are completely free; the gift giver won’t even know that the present has been returned.
Cons of an Amazon Registry
- At this moment, Amazon does not offer gift-holding services
- Returns and customer service are handled by the third-party seller if an order is placed.
- Returns must be initiated by contacting the person who gave you the gift.
- International shipping is not available for all products.
- There’s no way to view what you’re purchasing in-store.
- Occasionally, a 3rd-party seller will remove an item from your registry, so you’ll need to keep an eye out for those things.
- Find out the return policy for items a guest has purchased from a different retailer.
- Returns must be made in person to receive in-store credit.
You can see that Amazon has made it possible for couples to make it easy for guests to present wedding gifts. Guests no longer need to brainstorm on what to purchase, as the couple can include whatever they desire on their Amazon wedding registry. All the couple needs to do is sign up and add items for people to purchase, while people can go to Amazon and purchase the gifts. One brilliant advantage is that the guests don’t need to see the gifts physically or border about transportation, as Amazon would do this for them.