Stop TB Partnership Nigeria is a multi-stakeholder partnership dedicated to complement the efforts of the government and other stakeholders to end the tuberculosis (TB) epidemic in Nigeria. It fulfils its mandate by advocating for increased political commitment, support and resources that such a significant challenge deserves. Its membership comprises of government, multilateral and bilateral organizations, development partners, private sector, academia, professional associations, civil society organisations, media and persons affected by TB. The National Secretariat is located in Abuja and it is responsible for managing day-to-day activities and implementing programs of the Partnership.
As part of efforts to improve its performance and effectiveness, the Partnership is seeking applications from qualified persons at the National Secretariat for the position of:
Job Title: Account Officer
Job Field: Driver / Officer
- The Admin and Finance/Accounts Officer is responsible for effective and efficient management of the Administrative, Financial and Accounts systems and procedures.
- In addition, he/she will advise the Partnership through the Executive Secretary on strategies to strengthen its administrative, financial and accounting management.
- The Account Officer must have financial management and analytical skills.
- He/she must have a keen sense of fairness and honesty and have strong principles towards ensuring accountability and transparency within the Partnership.
- Develop and manage effective administrative, financial and accounting policies and systems;
- Develop and manage budgets, financial components of Strategic Plan, Workplan, Proposals and funding requests etc
- Review and verify proposed financial commitments and advise appropriately;
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of all financial reports;
- Support auditing processes as necessary;
- Ensure compliance with donor contracts and requirements (conditions and restrictions on the use of funds etc);
- Perform any other tasks necessary for effective functioning of the Secretariat and the Partnership as assigned by the Executive Secretary;
- Reports to the Executive Secretary.
- First degree or HND in Accounting or related fields with at least 5 years work experience in development sector especially non-governmental organization.
- Post graduate and/or professional qualifications in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must also be knowledgeable in the use of relevant accounting software.
Other Competencies Required for all the Positions:
- Computer Literate
- Teamwork and Result Oriented
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good Communication and Inter-personal relationship
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Applicants must not be older than 40 years as at the last birthday.
- The National Secretariat is based in Abuja and all staff will be required to work from this location.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page letter of Application and Resume / Curriculum Vitae to: jobs@StopTBNigeria.org using “Surname, Middle Name and First Name, Position being applied for e.g. Nnamdi Oluwabunmi Shehu – Account Officer” as the subject of the email.
- Deadline for application is Monday, 31st August 2020. Any application submitted after the deadline will be automatically disqualified.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for subsequent screening process