We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Job type: Full time
Zip/Postal Code: 100001
Job Field: Accounting / Finance
- The job holder will develop and ensure adherence to internal controls, the promotion of good financial management practice, the development of new financial policies & procedures, and the maintenance of the organisation’s internal control manual and structure in order to meet the company’s mission of “building effective partnerships” and “Our ability to do so many ordinary things Exceptionally Well”.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and prepares financial statements and accounting reports for the Cinemas; Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account –Daily Entries, Budgeting & Variance analysis – weekly (Tuesday)
- Vetting and Develops guidelines of Financial document for the maintenance and reconciliation of financial data; maintains and reconciles the more difficult financial control records for expenditures, allotments, receipts, and encumbrances.
- Designs, revises, and implements accounting systems and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and theories.
- Conducts surveys to prepare recommendations for improvements, controls, new methods, and other changes to improve the efficiency of accounting systems.
- Reviews budgets and prepares related budget documents as required by Management.
- Designs cost classification processes; develops guidelines to assign cost classifications to expenditures.
- Determines and analyses direct and indirect costs in order to determine the cost of sales and other operational cost.
- Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work and performs related work as assigned.
- Determination and payment of Third party contract and other necessary payments.
- Preparation of salary & wages (Pay as You Earn tax) for all Cinemas for vetting and approval
- Preparation and remittance of staff pension, tax involving withholding tax (WHT), Value-added tax and other tax related matters.
- Bank reconciliation statement and postings of transaction on the Vista systems; Sales (daily), Stock inventory item (daily) and Revenue – Daily
- Accounting entries (cost of sales, third party revenue and cost) –daily
- External relationship/meetings (banks, tax authorities – Federal & State Govt. etc)
- Raising of purchase order for foreign suppliers
- Computation of Film Hire for both calendar & cinema respectively. –Daily
- University Degree or higher Degree with a Professional Certificate, CCAB qualified accountant (ACCA or ACA)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field
- Previous experience in a middle to senior finance/accounting role in a in a corporate environment including risk management
- Maintains clear sense of goals and priorities, working in an innovative, responsive style that conveys support to internal customers both inside and outside of the Cinemas mission
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology in a multidisciplinary and multi-functional environment
- Able to detect underlying ‘blocks’ and issues, to identify opportunities, and to think conceptually about solutions
- Ability to present accounting data in a clear and understandable manner to both technical and non- technical users
- Knowledge of the application of data processing and terminology as it applies to maintaining financial control and accounting records
- Professional attitude to meeting deadlines, ensuring details are handled well, and always mindful of effective resource utilisation
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting systems (Access Dimensions, SAGE, Microsoft etc.)
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing principles, procedures, practices and cost accounting and cost funding procedures
- Model a healthy self-awareness of self and limitation, drawing appropriate boundaries, and showing emotional maturity
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online