We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer, Nutrition -IYCF (Females only)
Location: Banki, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Officer, IYCF
Job Field: Driver / Officer
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health, Protection and Nutrition interventions
- She reports to the TO, IYCF. Position is responsible for providing quality Infant & Young Child Feeding (IYCF) – E services at community and facility levels. The incumbent will engage in and will work with other team members in the delivery of optimal infant and young child feeding in emergency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate the facilitation of community IYCF support group activities
- Identify training needs and build technical capacity of IYCF Assistants, support group promoters, Community Nutrition mobilizers (CNMs), and Lead persons.
- Direct skilled IYCF support services including Growth Promotion and Monitoring at IYCF corners/spaces and other contact points
- Organize and participate in food demonstration sessions periodically
- Lead micronutrient supplementation including Micro-nutrient powder (MNP) distribution.
- Conduct regular focus group discussions with beneficiaries to assess barriers to optimal IYCF uptake
- Support the development of IYCF multimedia messages including radio jingles
- Ensure Gender mainstreaming in nutrition, and integration of other sectors
- Collaborate, campaign and build community awareness during IYCF celebration days
- Support the development of case studies and success stories from program implementation.
- Develop network with other actors in the operational area as well as community leaders/representatives
- Engage in community dialogue, sensitize stakeholders/community on IYCF-E activities and specific humanitarian programs implemented by FHI 360.
- Take monthly physical inventory of all nutrition supplies ensuring stock levels are accounted for and adequate.
- Support M & E unit during surveys, assessments, Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) including preparation and submission of timely reports.
- Support other nutrition activities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- Inform TO IYCF of any professional problems encountered.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Nursing, or closely related field with 1-3 years’ experience. MBBS with 1-year experience. Experience working with a humanitarian organization
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability and willingness to stay at the LGA is required.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long-distance walking to implementation sites.
- Excellent spoken and written Local dialects and English languages.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prepare weekly and monthly program reports.
- Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.