Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI) is a consultancy, training and development Institute certified by the various industries in which we operate. Established to support Public & Private Organizations, Oil & Gas personnel as well as their Host Communities, Manufacturing & Production Companies, Energy Companies, Hospitality businesses, and Educational Institutions, we also ensure the closure of skills gaps, advice on current upskilling needs of organizations and generally develop the capacity of Human Resources according to global best practice and standards in order to make sure organizational goals are achieved alongside technology transfer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineering Design Instructor
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
Job Type: Contract
- The job role involves the teaching of Civil Engineering Design using Autodesk’s AUTOCAD, STAADPRO and other design software as may be required.
- Ensure the development of up to date course materials and teaching slides (if required)
- Plan, organize and deliver course during the course duration
- Liaise with training coordinator to determine appropriate course delivery methods
- Administer Assessment
- Mark exam papers (where relevant) in accordance with marking guidelines and compute student scores
- Adhere to agreed training schedules and no. of expected course delivery man-hours
- To maintain accurate attendance records
- To conduct student evaluations in accordance with the Institute’s policies
- To make a suggestion to the training coordinator concerning improvements in curriculum.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Civil Engineering
- Autodesk Certified Instructor preferred
- Possession of other professional Civil Engineering certifications will be highly desirable
- Excellent product knowledge and experience AutoCAD, StaadPro, Revit etc.
- Excellent ability to utilize above-mentioned software for Structural Analysis and Design, high rise building designs and highways etc.
- Minimum of Two years experience in a similar role
- Membership of COREN desirable
- Good command of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project Applications.
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Product knowledge needed to lead courses in an Instructional setting
- Must possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and other current Civil Engineering Design tools
- Ability to conduct research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must exhibit emotional stability and control.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2020.