Salient Humanitarian Organisation is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Common Warehouse Officer (Liaison, Partnership)
Location: Bama, Borno State – North East Nigeria (100% field)
Starting date: 1st September 2020
Job Field: Driver / Officer
Duration of contract: 4 month (Extendable)
Reporting to: Warehouse Project Manager
General Context of the Project
- The armed opposition insurgency started in 2009 and Maiduguri was the epicentre of the armed conflict. The armed conflict later spread to all twenty-seven (27) Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno State, North East Nigeria.
- The conflict took an international dimension as it spread to the neighbouring countries of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, resulting in the displacement of millions of people across all four frontiers.
- The Armed Opposition Group (AOG) has been killing people in both rural and urban centres in their quest to form a hairline Islamic State in the north east of Nigeria. A high number of towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social services and amenities have also been destroyed and are now non-existent. Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent. Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Within the scope of SALIENT HUMANITARIAN ORGANIZATIONТ’s Common Warehouse Storage project, funded by WFP, The Warehouse Officer will be responsible to providing overall logistic services;
- Specifically, to provide space for temporary storage to address a lack of available capacity in project area under directs supervision of warehouse In-charge at Bama in Borno State
- Support the WH Project Manager with the day-to-day operational requirements for the Common WH in close collaboration with data officer;
- Perform any other task as might be required by the supervisor.
- Understand, implement, produce and / or maintain standard SALIENT HUMANITARIAN ORGANIZATION inventory management policies and procedures.
- Ensure physical confirmation of weight, volume and quantity of new consignments at the point of reception;
- Ensure update of physical weights, volume and quantity of new consignments on RITA at all times;
- Supervise, train and monitor warehouse casual labourers as required at all times;
- Support in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the warehouse In-Charge.
- Ensure that all dispatch and receipt documents (Receive Note/Delivery Note / Stock Transfer Sheet / Waybills) are complete and archived in compliance with SALIENT HUMANITARIAN ORGANIZATION standards (scan documents and archive digital versions)
- Implement daily activities in the warehouse in accordance with Logistics Sector SOPs and quality standards
- Manage a schedule for receipt and dispatch of goods from/to Service Users (Partner NGOs in Banki / Bama)
- Manage stocks according to standard guidelines considering: individual requests / consignments per
- Service User; verification on Units of Measure (UoM) for handling (Bags, Bales, Boxes, etcetera), and reporting (metric tons, kilograms, cubic meters); proper documentation for all transactions (request, receipt, release), and warehouse management (stock cards, register of damages/losses).
- Maintain physical and digital records according to standard guidelines considering: update the Release Item Tracking Application daily to reflect all transactions (new requests, receipt of goods, and release of goods) based on completed documentation; maintain physical records per individual request / consignment per Service User.
- Ensure the maintenance / security of warehouse and assets.
- Ensure timely repair and maintenance of the warehouse.
- Update as per SALIENT HUMANITARIAN ORGANIZATION requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce TIMELY reports as requested by the warehouse in-charge and in relation to donor standard of operations (SOPs);
- Ensure the recruitment, attendance follow up and payment of daily workers for logistics needs;
- Prepare and send to the WH and supply chain coordinator the stock report on a monthly basis during absence of the Warehouse In-charge.
- Report immediately on any discrepancies or theft noticed on any items
- Any other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents, inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards both using WFP standards.
- Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with all NGO partners.
- Ensuring the efficient flow of products in and out of the facility, optimizing the space, and maintaining proper control and accountability for goods at all times.
- Support in planning the warehouse layout and space in the most operational way for reception, storage, preparation and delivery of the goods.
- Monitor security of partners’ storage and supplies.
- Ensure all releases / damages / losses are recorded on stock / bin cards and with appropriate transaction-specific documentation (Release Order Form, Goods Received Note, etc.)
- Receive completed store’s release forms and prepare the goods for issuance in accordance with WFP store release procedures.
- Liaise with various Partners on ground in receiving and dispatch of goods.
- Support in ensuring information of Service Users, upon acceptance for all new requests of the schedule for delivery of goods and receipt into the Logistics Sector Common Warehouse. All changes to the schedule initiated by SALIENT HUMANITARIAN ORGANIZATION will be communicated to Service Users in a timely way.
- Ensure goods, equipment is signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items) in the absence of warehouse in-charge
- Ensure that all warehouse activities are conducted in accordance with processes and procedures, quality management systems, dangerous goods regulations and industry best practices.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Warehouse In-charge in a timely manner.
- Prepares updates on inventory levels and communicates essential information to the warehouse In- charge on a regular basis.
- Manage partners request promptly and resolve issues quickly.
- Ensure that control mechanisms are in place for warehouse and have approved list of staff that can enter the warehouse.
- And any other assigned duties by the Project Lead
Required Qualification / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Science or related;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Logistics;
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical in Warehousing management (warehouse management);
- Documented results related to the positionТs responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
- Ability to put up with pressure from government agencies;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills; Minimum one-year work experience with international / national NGOs and / or local authorities in the Nigerian context;
- Strong listening and empathy skills, as well as commitment to supporting women and children survivors / at risk;
- Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
- Computer literate (Word and Excel);
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
- Salient Humanitarian Organisation reserve right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project. Position will be based in Bama
- Staff will responsible to manage for his / her own accommodation / food;
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- No TA /DA will be provided for the fieldwork appointed to work for;
- Salient reserve the right to close the application before the deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020.
Methods of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV) via E-mail to: email@example.com indicating the “Job position” as subject of the e-mail.
The Human Resource,
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, off Damboa road, old GRA, Maiduguri,