Salient Humanitarian Organisation is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Common Warehouse Project Manager
Location: Bama, Borno
Job Field: Manager
Terms of Reference
- Job Title: Warehouse Project Manager (for WFP Log Sector Common Storage Hub)
- Duty Station: (Maiduguri/Bama base), Borno state, North East Nigeria
- Starting date: 1st September, 2020
- Duration of Contract: 4 Months (Extendable)
- Reporting to: Project Coordinator/Executive Director
- Dependents: Yes
General Context of the Project
- The armed opposition insurgency started in 2009 and Maiduguri was the epicentre of the armed conflict
- The armed conflict later spread to all twenty-seven (27) Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno State, North East Nigeria. The conflict took an international dimension as it spread to the neighbouring countries of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, resulting in the displacement of millions of people across all four frontiers
- The Armed Opposition Group (AOG) has been killing people in both rural and urban centres in their quest to form a hairline Islamic State in the north east of Nigeria. A high number of towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social services and amenities have also been destroyed and are now non-existent
- Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent. Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Warehouse Manager ensures that general warehousing activities are properly carried out for all products family (e.g. economic security, water and habitat, medical or communication) in line with WFPТs standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- S/he organizes and plans the warehouse’s activities.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Supervise and manage all warehouse staff (daily workers).
- Prevent hazards to warehouse staff due to handling of cutting tools, slipping, falling of goods.
- Ensure the security of the warehouse by locking the medical warehouse whenever there is no activity.
- Control access to the warehouse of all personnel and to ensure that only authorized consignments leave the warehouse with appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the warehouse as well as its in fractures.
- Informing the Logistics Manager of all arriving consignments.
- Ensuring proper storage of all goods protecting them adequately from heat and ensuring that goods are not stored directly on the ground.
- Maintain and update warehouse records and files.
- Ensure a complete stocktaking at the end of every month.
- Manage Daily Labour to guarantee full operational capacity is maintained.
- Maintain physical and digital records according to standard guidelines considering: update the Release Item Tracking Application daily to reflect all transactions (new requests, receipt of goods, and release of goods) based on completed documentation; maintain physical records per individual request/consignment per Service User.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse and any other relevant document.
- Update as per Salient requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce TIMELY reports as requested by the Warehouse manager and in relation to WFP standard of operations (SOPs).
- Ensure the recruitment, attendance follow up and payment of daily workers for logistics needs
- Supervise the team of warehouse assistant and daily workers on daily basis for all warehouse related activities
- Prepare and send to the Warehouse Manager the stock report on a monthly basis;
- Immediate report on any discrepancies or theft noticed on any items
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents, inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards both using WFP standards.
- Ensuring the efficient flow of products in and out of the facility, optimizing the space, and maintaining proper control and accountability for goods at all times.
- Plan the warehouse layout and space in the most operational way for reception, storage, preparation and delivery of the goods
- Liaise and maintain timely communications with relevant stakeholders to ensure the timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of goods depending on an organized mechanism
- Ensure all releases / damages / losses are recorded on stock / bin cards and with appropriate transaction-specific documentation (Release Order Form, Goods Received Note, etc.)
- Receive completed storeТs release forms and prepare the goods for issuance in accordance with WFP store release procedures.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the partners to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Warehouse Manager in a timely manner.
Required Profile / Experience
- Degree / HND / ND in Social Sciences or any related course;
- Minimum of 4 years of experience from a project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- 1-3 years in same field of activity
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- PC literate: Microsoft office
- Rigor and method
- Flexibility, availability, able to work independently and sense of initiative
- Ability to work independently and sense of initiative
- Capacity to integrate the Salient logistic procedures.
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Salient Humanitarian Organisation reserve right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project. Position will be based in Bama
- Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food;
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- No TA / DA will be provided for the field work appointed to work for;
- Salient reserve the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract.
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (Letter of motivation and CV) via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road, Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- Please clearly indicate the Job position on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.