We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Job Field: Consulting / Business Strategy/ Planning
- With financial support from Unitaid via Population Services International, Jhpiego is implementing Phase 3 of the STAR Initiative, a 18-month project to catalyze HIVST adoption, availability, and use in Nigeria.
- Through the Unitaid-funded STAR Initiative, HIV self-testing (HIVST) has proven to provide an opportunity to reach, test, and diagnose or prevent infection in populations that are considered unreachable by use of traditional testing approaches. In Nigeria, STAR will support the Government of Nigeria to develop and adapt policy guidelines for the adoption of HIV self-testing and support the integration of HIV self-testing within the existing health care systems.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (Consultant) will work with key Implementing Partners in assigned state to ensure coordination and seamless reporting of project performance indicators.
- The successful candidate will also support Data quality assurance efforts including periodic supportive supervision, data validation and data quality audits, in partnership with relevant stakeholders in the state.
Successful candidate will work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Strategic Information Advisor, and other project staff. Specific roles/responsibilities include:
- Liaise with backstops/IP SI person to collate monthly summary forms
- Responsible for data entry into project-specific DHIS2
- Support the provision of training, supervision and mentorship to strengthen for data quality from distribution sites
- Strengthen the use of data at state, facility, and community level for program monitoring and improvement
- Responsible for liaising with other private sector partners, including CBOs
- Responsible for liaising with the state and IPs to ensure quality data generation from the facilities/sites
- Work closely with state HIVST Officer to ensure coordination of program activities at the state.
- Represent STAR Nigeria in relevant meetings at the state level as delegated
- Ensure smooth working relationship between STAR and partner IPs at the state level
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the SI Advisor and M&E Officer
- A degree in Statistics, Public Health, Social Sciences or other related disciplines.
- At least, two years’ experience with HIV M&E programs
- Good computer skills, especially working knowledge of MS word and Excel
- Experience in facilitating the dissemination and use of data for decision-making
- Good data management and analysis skills
- Excellent and working knowledge of electronic medical records, DHIS2 etc.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Good facilitation and training skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and independently
- Successful candidate must possess a functional laptop
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job title e.g. “Consultant M&E Assistant” (Indicate location in your application & email title)
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org