54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Strategist
Reports to: Dir., Communications
Job Field: Software/ Programming / Web development
- We are seeking candidates who possess the ability to think both creatively and analytically
- Content Strategist duties include producing and publishing content, writing, editing and proofreading, formulating content strategies and managing our social media platforms among other tasks.
- Content Strategists should be comfortable finding creative ways to build an online presence, as well as using analytics in the formulation of a content strategy. Content is defined as multimedia articles, blog posts, images or videos that aid in fostering engagement online.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Writing, editing and proofreading content.
- Creating a content calendar and strategy for all our social media platforms
- Social media monitoring
- Managing and liaising with graphic designers, videographers, photographers etc.to provide end to end service.
- Formulating a cross-platform content strategy.
- Brainstorm with team members to develop new ideas.
- Build a following on social media
- Provide editorial, creative and technical support to team members.
- Track web analytics to ascertain content engagement levels.
- Manage content across all platforms, including company blog, email and social media.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field preferred
- 3-4 years social media management and copywriting experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Adept at keyword placement and SEO best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly computer literate and advanced knowledge of HTML
- Proficiency with popular content management systems
- Experience with social media management
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content
- Ability to develop content that provokes engagement
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Authorization to work in Nigeria
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online