Job Title: Counsellor
Slots: 96 (8 positions per state)
Job Field: Human Resources
Duration of Engagement: 2 months maximum
- The Counsellor serves as the intermediary between the interviewer and the laboratorian during the data and blood sample collection process
- The Counsellor positions are to be applied for by typology (FSW, MSM, PWID and TG).
- S / he will be responsible for validating that the participant gave consent during contact with interviewer and the pre / post-counselling sessions.
Terms of Reference
The counsellor under the supervision of the IBBSS Field Supervision will carry out the following:
- Validate that the participant gave consent at the point of contact with interviewer
- Ensure that ethics are adhered to on the field and confidentiality of survey participants is protected
- Directs participants to laboratorian for testing
- Facilitate referrals of HIV positive Key Populations to OSS / KEY POPULATION friendly facilities for treatment and care services
- Conduct pre and post HIV counseling for all participants who consent to the survey
- May also serve as an interviewer if the need arises.
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Social Sciences, Sciences or Education or JCHEW / CHEW
- 1-2 years previous experience working with Key Population in HIV counseling and testing
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with consenting participants
- Knowledge of the local dialect is also paramount
- Resident in the selected state is strongly preferred.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online