We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Hub Specialist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Field: Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
Supervisor: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
- Under the supervision of the MEL Advisor, the Data Hub Specialist will oversee the development and management of education-oriented Data Hub activities within the USAID Addressing Education in Northeast Nigeria (AENN) activity in both Borno and Yobe states.
- The Database Specialist will partner closely with State and LGA-level education authorities in both states, as well as project staff and other stakeholders, to build capacity in data collection, management, visualization, analysis, utilization, and oversee the flow of education data collection from a range of sources and ensure that data is used for decision-making.
- Provide overall technical and managerial coordination for all Data Hub and related work within the AENN program.
- Develop and manage work plans and budgets for Data Hub activities. Evaluate the capacity of key partners and develop a capacity building plan related to Data Hub work for education authorities and other stakeholders in both Borno and Yobe states.
- Lead capacity building efforts with a range of partners and stakeholders around data collection, management, analysis, visualization, reporting and utilization. Oversee design and implementation of Data Hub systems at LGEA level (including data collection, data flow management, data management, analysis, visualization and results reporting). Support the preparation and organization of AENN review meetings, including the semi-annual adaptive management workshop.
- Provide technical support to state partners and data managers to strengthen Data Hub monitoring systems. Manage the information-gathering process for results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers, presentations, etc. for various audiences as needed, related to Data Hub activities.
- Document good practices, lessons learned, data to inform policy, and implementation issues, etc. Collaborate with the HQ R&E team across various aspects of project work related to the Data Hubs.
- Carry out all other tasks to support monitoring, assessments and research in AENN sites. Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc/BA degree in Computer Engineering, Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years post national youth service and relevant experience.
- Or MSc/MA in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years post national youth service and relevant experience.
- Strong background in geospatial and health information systems (GIS), data utilization, data management, information management and/or database management is required and NGO/INGO preferably.
- Experience working in crisis or conflict-affected areas is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of education programming in Nigeria. Knowledge of education in emergency concepts is an added advantage Basic project management skills, such as developing work plans and budgets.
- Strong background in information management, ideally including government information management systems in education or a related sector. Knowledge of information management technologies.
- Experience partnering with governments on capacity building activities.
- Ability to speak Kanuri or Hausa is an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of how to effectively visualize and utilize data for decision-making.
- Ability to use wide range of technologies for data management and visualization. Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software and working knowledge of data processing computer packages.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple project activities and deadlines.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding formative learning processes.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills. Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain good working rapport with staff and other AENN partners.
- Relevant computer software and internet skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office). Familiarity with ODK software and/or tablet-based monitoring is desired.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria a minimum of 40%.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.