Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enterprise Risk Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Financial Services
Job Field: Manager
Reports To: Head, Risk & Compliance
About The Role
- The Enterprise Risk Manager will be responsible for supporting the head in the development, re-design, implementation and maintenance of the risk management framework within Paga in line with the company’s strategic plans and its 3rd party activities.
- This includes developing and maintaining detailed risk management policies and processes and working with key business stakeholders to facilitate the embedding of these across the organization.
- The Risk Manager will also be responsible for the ongoing review and challenge of risk framework effectiveness and the implementation of risk management best practice.
- Provide support to key business stakeholders in implementing the risk framework
- Work closely with the Head of risk in defining the company’s risk appetite
- Manage the relationship with the 3rd party outsourced provider risk representatives
- Engage with company-wide risk champions
- Primary contact for significant incidents or risk events
Managing Process and Administration:
- Provide support to the Head of risk, in the design, documentation, communication and implementation of the risk management framework
- Prepare, maintain and communicate detailed risk management policies and processes including the risk control self-assessment process.
- Lead the risk assessment process for the company’s key products and projects.
- Assist in the annual review of the risk management policy in preparation for Board sign off, communicating amendments to business areas as required.
- Assist with the roll out of the risk control self-assessment and annual policy compliance processes, working with business stakeholders and 3rd party providers where appropriate
- Scope and deliver the ongoing self-assessment of risk management processes and procedures, scoping, agreeing and implementing improvements as required
- Review, assess and report significant risks and issues identified or reported by the business in line with the incident management process and assist the business in defining and agreeing remedial action
- Assist business lines in identification of key risks and mitigating controls as well as action plans to address any gaps in the mitigating measures identified.
- Monitoring the implementation of action plans to address key risks on the risk and control self-assessments/risk registers.
- Prepare and collate monthly risk reporting to the Head of Risk, Compliance and internal Audit and management.
- Challenge and periodically assess business area control assessments, including 3rd parties, reporting, recommending and agreeing remedial action where required
- Assist key business stakeholders in identifying and responding effectively to risks arising from internal changes or external events.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a 2:1 in an analytical field such as Engineering, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, etc
- At least 7 years relevant work experience
- Knowledgeable in technology
- Knowledge of risk management and auditing.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- Previous experience in a risk management role within financial services ideally within a Platform environment
- Excellent knowledge of industry best risk management practice.
- Experience in developing and implementing risk management policies and processes
- Experience of reviewing 3rd party risks
- Ability to understand and articulate the commercial benefits of effective risk management
- Excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Ability to analyse, present and report risk management data to senior stakeholders
- Team management skills including day to day training, supervision and performance management
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Managing people
- Take ownership for workload and is proactive in approach
- Multitask and manage competing priorities
- Creative and resourceful
- Good team player
- Manage time effectively, personally and on behalf of others
- Strong communication skills, using appropriate language and style of communication that is relevant to the situation and circumstances to influence
- Demonstrate sufficient self-awareness to identify personal strengths and areas for development
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Professional manner
- Attention to detail
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online