We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fraud Management Analyst
Location: Yaba – Lagos, Nigeria
Sector: Financial Services / FinTech
Job Field: Manager Administration/ Office/ Operations
Reports to: Enterprise Risk Manager
- Our purpose at Paga is to make it simple for 1 billion people to access and use money. We do that by delivering innovative financial services to the mass market across large, underserved markets.
- At Paga we value above all else, Collaboration, Ownership, Results Orientation, Integrity and Innovation (CORII).
- As a Fraud Management Analyst at Paga, you will be responsible for developing and implementing action plans for detecting fraudulent activities in the organization. The ideal candidate would work closely with the Fraud Associate to identify and analyze cases of money laundering, forgeries, and legal claims.
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with legal and regulatory guidelines and corporate governance best practices and should also be of high ethical standard. They should be analytical and work diligently to complete their duties, keeping in mind the objectives of the business.
- Fraud Monitoring, Analysis, Investigation and Resolution of issues raised
- Assists in the development of fraud detection tactical and strategic planning for fraudulent activities on the company platform and internally, including developing and managing a product roadmap.
- Proactively monitor and review account and transaction data for suspicious activity and possible fraud.
- Review, investigate and resolve irregular transactions reported.
- Responsible for the regulatory AML CFT suspicious activity process.
- Utilize various data analysis and accounting tools in collecting, sorting and analysing financial data to obtain results which reveal inconsistencies as well as the possible suspects.
- Conduct interviews to obtain information useful in resolving financial crimes.
- Identify business areas requiring increased security controls to protect the company and its end users from future incidents of fraud.
- Keep detailed records of suspicious activity, analyze trends, communicate security threats to management and provide recommendations for loss mitigation as needed.
- Respond to fraud queries across the multiple channels
- Liaise with internal teams, merchants, banks, transaction processors, regulatory bodies, law enforcement and any 3rd party involved.
- Liaise with legal counsels to develop and execute plans for the resolution of fraud cases.
- Produce evidence and useful information as requested by law enforcement. Design and implement processes effective for the prevention or minimization of fraud risks
- Maintain record of all investigative operations and results of analysis
- Conduct research and attend educational programs to update professional knowledge.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Other roles as assigned by management
- Self- driven and hardworking
- Multitask and manage competing priorities
- Good team player
- Detail-oriented and process-oriented approach.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience as a Fraud Management professional
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Excellent communication skills
- B.Sc / BA with a minimum of 2:1 in analytical field such as Law, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Must have completed NYSC
- Experience: 2 years+ experience in Fraud Management environment or a similar role.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online