They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer – Generalist
Location: Magboro, Ogun
Job Field: Driver / Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- This is a key post in supporting the HR manager, management, and employees at the company to be effective in their roles and provide the very best quality of service. The successful candidate will have responsibility and accountability for the full employee life cycle and will be involved in all areas of the Human Resources function.
- The post holder will be expected to work as part of the HR team in the provision of a comprehensive HR service at the company.
- The post holder will be required to work closely with the Head of Human Resources, and other line managers within the organisation
- Create a suite of document templates e.g. employment contracts, variation to contract letters, the invitation to meeting letters, resignation letters, etc. Ensure these are accessible to the team and ensure they are kept up to date and in line with contractual and statutory requirements.
- Produce employment contracts and variation to contracts in line with authorised management requests.
- Work closely with the Payroll Department to ensure workforce information is kept up to date, and any problems identified and addressed. Issue accurate payroll instructions, to meet payroll deadlines.
- Work with the Head of HR to guide and advise management and employees, through all aspects of the employee life cycle to include absence management, investigations, discipline, grievance, capability, in accordance with the consistent application of college policies and procedures and compliance with employment law and best practice.
- Manage the implementation and monitoring of HR processes including recruitment and selection, employment contracts and variations, starters and leavers, employment checks, induction, mandatory/other training, probationary period review, performance and development review, maternity/paternity/shared parental leave, flexible working requests and the evaluation of training, providing appropriate support and coaching to all management to ensure full compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist manager in the management of poor performance, advising on solutions and assisting with their implementation.
- Provide management information reports relating to HR for example absence data, staff lists, payroll costs, etc. Work on requests for information, ensuring timely and accurate responses are provided.
- Work with management to ensure all information (e.g. jobs, hours, etc) are up to date.
- Contribute to the development of HR policies, as requested
- Management and provision of HR data including data input, as necessary.
- Maintain a filing system to ensure documents and information are retained and easy to locate.
- Maintain and update HR database systems.
- Co-ordinate learning and development events for employees as required and participate in the delivery of events as relevant.
- Complete relevant documentation in line with Regulatory and awarding bodies.
- Deputise for the Head of HR, as required.
- Seek at all times to be effective and efficient and to enhance the quality of the service which the HR team gives to all its users in line with the values of the business, thereby assisting them to provide a high quality of service to clients.
- Identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the business’s Strategic and Operational Plan.
- Ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the business and that may be identified during the Appraisal process.
- Participate in the Appraisal Scheme.
Education and Experience
- Ideally, degree level education coupled with excellent written, verbal, listening and presentation skills.
- Chartered Member of CIPD.
- Knowledge of employment contracts and context within the education sector.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced HR team, providing first level advice on HR policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues.
Skills and Characteristics
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, with a good foundation in HR theory.
- Ability to multitask and deal with a range of incoming enquires – organisation is key to the success of this role.
- Ability to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Excellent IT skills specifically MS Office; particularly Word, Excel and Outlook, also keen knowledge and experience of the importance of databases and their role in providing accurate management information.
- Able to form and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, service users and third parties.
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and determination to ‘get under the skin of problems’.
- Able to streamline and improve operational processes.
- Highly enthusiastic with excellent communication skills.
- Renumeration and benefits are competitive.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.