As a result of ongoing expansion, we are looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Project and Engineering Manager
Job Field: Manager
- Responsible for manning all the interrelated activities, interests and resources required to successfully execute any project (Greenfield project inclusive) within time, budget, quality and safety constraints in a FMCG company.
- Develop and implement overall asset care strategy to deliver production efficiencies across all 3 plants in UFL and Head Office to meet sales demand in a cost-effective way without compromising on quality and Health & Safety whilst building a highly skilled Technical crew to ensure equipment reliability and sustainability.
You will be accountable for:
- Project Scenario and Conceptualisation
- Basic Project Engineering from Budget cost/ Activity/ Risk management Planning to Preparation of Process & Instrumentation (P & ID), Plan Layout,3D Piping diagrams to Project Data Book to Enginerring design to Operational and Financil Justifications to Necessary Implementation.
- Detail Engineering- Layout, Workflow, Detailed cost planning, BOQ, Activity Planning, Procurement, Change control , Organization & Maintenance Planning
- Resource Mobilisation/ Allocation of Manpower, tools, equipment
- Timely Installation/ Commissioning of Projects
- Stakeholder management (Project sponsor, principal, internal customers, suppliers, equipment/ component manufacturers, engineers & specialists) on timely and quality delivery of projects
- Risk and safety management
- Management of complexity for multiple projects
- Reporting- expenditure monitoring, cost comparison analysis, assets categorisation
- Responsible for quantity, quality and cost of engineering maintenance in Ojota, Oregun and Jos plants. Ensure availability of plants/machinery for productive use at all times
- Organize and execute planned preventive maintenance of plant and machinery using the most efficient and cost effective methodology
- Evaluate and analyse breakdown deployments and hold PM meetings to discuss problems, their causes and parts required for effective maintenance
- Be the custodian of maintenance policy of the plants and give general direction to the maintenance philosophy functioning as Maintenance leader of all plants.
- Accountable for spare parts management to ensure optimum stock value, stock ratio, and turnover ratio and spares accuracy.
- Ensure uninterrupted Utility Services – water, electricity for all operations in the plants
- Maintain the cooling plant and ensure availability of cooling medium at the required temperature and flow for cooling various cooling operations
- Accountable for the plants total repair and maintenance budget and utilities generation and distribution budget. Responsible for the National Engineering department budget.
- Responsible for quantity and quality approvals of all purchase orders in SAP to ensure alignment with departmental budget and debit codes.
- Responsible for maintenance aspect of the ETP
- Liaise with group in design, selection of equipment, FAT, execution, commissioning and SAT (Site-Acceptance-Test) on all new projects and major modification.
- Make justifications for fund application, Execute all CAPEX and REM and Monitor and control budget
The ideal candidate will possess:
- B.Sc./B. Eng. Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years management experience; 10 years should be in Project / Engineering management in FMCG companies.
- Great Project Management skills
- Exceptional at Creativity, applied learning, numerical ability and critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Integrity, flexibility, self control, customer and management empathy
- Any internationally recognised Project Management Certification
- Membership of NSE, COREN is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.