Job Type Full Time
Job Field Banking / Insurance
Zip/Postal Code: 100001
- The Management Accountant analyses key financial information to provide feedback that will aid managerial planning and commercial decision making that will ensure present and future growth and profitability of our company.
- In the same vein, the Management Accountant will be saddled with the responsibility to reduce the operational costs of our company by identifying and implementing more efficient financial strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of management accounts, balance sheet, cashflow statement and finance reports within agreed timescales
- Maintain the fixed assets register
- Liaise closely with budget owners to provide a comprehensive accounting support service, including the provision of financial information, analysis to budget owners and review of business cases
- Analyse variances and explore potential problems with budget owners, making recommendations and executing those recommendations
- Provide proactive financial advice to the Executive team and budget owners and actively promoting improved financial awareness
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the management accounting service provided to budget owners, make recommendations and document ways of developing and improving the quality and timeliness of financial management information
- Implement and document ways of developing the management accounting and reporting systems
- Participate in all reviews of organisational financial performance
- Develop and manage project reports with a view to improving the quality and timeliness of management information
- Assist project managers in developing business cases for projects
- Preparation of annual budgets, including income, expenditure, balance sheet and cashflow for review by the CFO
- Regular review of budgets and quarterly reforecast of outcomes
- Meet with budget holders to discuss income expenditure, variances and outlook
- Improve the systems surrounding all aspects of the budgeting, forecasting, business planning and end user financial systems
- Establish and maintain costing and pricing models
- Manage the development and review of existing financial controls
- Implement and maintain controls to ensure that all transactions are authorised in line with policies and procedures
- Develop suitable division of duties to minimise the likelihood of fraud
- Deliver training sessions on financial matters to non-financial staff to build capacity and understanding.
- Minimum of BSc in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, or a related field
- A professional qualification, such as ACA, ICAN, ACCA, CFA
- Minimum of six (6) years previous experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple task functions simultaneously
- Ability to work with Sage and Microsoft Navision software.
- Critical thinking – Apply logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Planning – Finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Reporting – Automated financial and accounting reporting systems. International Financial Reporting standards (IFRS). International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Business management – Strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, operations, and coordination of resources
- Problem solving – Apply methods to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution that solves identified problems
- Organizing and planning – Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, arrange, and accomplish own work and that of othersLeadership – Capacity to superintend, guide, plan, organize and manage activities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Alan & Grant on alanandgrant.zohorecruit.com to apply