We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Design Instructor
Location: Warri, Delta
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
- The job role involves the teaching of Mechanical Engineering Design
- The goal is to deliver training in an efficient and hands-on manner in order for expected course outcomes to be achieved.
- Ensure the development of up to date course materials and teaching slides (if required)
- Demonstrates sound practices in instruction and classroom management that respond to students diverse academic needs.
- Plan, organize and deliver course during the course duration
- Liaise with training coordinator to determine appropriate course delivery methods
- Administer Assessment
- Mark exam papers (where relevant) in accordance with marking guidelines and compute student scores
- Adhere to agreed training schedules and no. of expected course delivery man-hours
- To maintain accurate attendance records
- To conduct student evaluations in accordance with the Institute’s policies
- To make a suggestion to the training coordinator concerning improvements in curriculum
- Minimum of BSc in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Mechatronics Engineering or a closely-related field
- Other professional certifications desired
- Membership of COREN preferred
- Two (2) or more years of related industry experience highly desirable
- Excellent product knowledge and experience with Solid works other design software such as MATLAB, CAD etc.
- Excellent understanding of solid modelling, computer-aided design and computer-aided engineering.
- Ability to conduct research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must exhibit emotional stability and control
Note: We also place a high premium on practical skills and industrial experience that can be used to enhance student learning.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2020.