Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI) is a consultancy, training and development Institute certified by the various industries in which we operate. Established to support Public & Private Organizations, Oil & Gas personnel as well as their Host Communities, Manufacturing & Production Companies, Energy Companies, Hospitality businesses, and Educational Institutions, we also ensure the closure of skills gaps, advice on current upskilling needs of organizations and generally develop the capacity of Human Resources according to global best practice and standards in order to make sure organizational goals are achieved alongside technology transfer.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Design Instructor
Location: Warri, Delta
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
- The job role involves the teaching of Mechanical Engineering Design
- The goal is to deliver training in an efficient and hands-on manner in order for expected course outcomes to be achieved.
- Ensure the development of up to date course materials and teaching slides (if required)
- Demonstrates sound practices in instruction and classroom management that respond to students diverse academic needs.
- Plan, organize and deliver course during the course duration
- Liaise with training coordinator to determine appropriate course delivery methods
- Administer Assessment
- Mark exam papers (where relevant) in accordance with marking guidelines and compute student scores
- Adhere to agreed training schedules and no. of expected course delivery man-hours
- To maintain accurate attendance records
- To conduct student evaluations in accordance with the Institute’s policies
- To make a suggestion to the training coordinator concerning improvements in curriculum
- Minimum of BSc in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Mechatronics Engineering or a closely-related field
- Other professional certifications desired
- Membership of COREN preferred
- Two (2) or more years of related industry experience highly desirable
- Excellent product knowledge and experience with Solid works other design software such as MATLAB, CAD etc.
- Excellent understanding of solid modelling, computer-aided design and computer-aided engineering.
- Ability to conduct research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must exhibit emotional stability and control
Note: We also place a high premium on practical skills and industrial experience that can be used to enhance student learning.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2020.