We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Activity
Job Type: Local Staff
Job Field: Manager Administration/ Office/ Operations
Job Classification: Proposal (conditional)
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Activity for USAID/Nigeria will assist the Mission with performance monitoring, evaluation and learning, including field-based monitoring; data quality assessments; data gathering and verification; evaluations and special studies/assessments; the collection of context indicators; organizational learning; and knowledge management.
- MSI is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist who will support evaluations and provide technical support for performance monitoring, data quality assessments and other M&E activities.
- This position will work closely with USAID and MSI to ensure the submission of high quality, relevant, accurate and timely deliverables that are responsive to USAID’s needs. MSI anticipates this to be a full-time position over a five-year period. Kindly note that this position is contingent upon award and USAID approval.
- Support evaluations in finding evaluation team members and other tasks: Contribute to scope of work (SOW)/terms of reference (TOR) development, assist in recruitment and orientation of consultants, conduct background research, coordinate logistics for field work, assist in analyzing data and contribute to evaluation reports.
- Assist USAID implementing partners in performance monitoring by reviewing M&E plans and providing suggestions to strengthen them.
- Conduct data quality assessments.
- Contribute to capacity building of USAID staff and implementing partner staff on M&E topics.
- Coach and mentor implementing partner staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Political Science, Government or a related field and minimum of three (3) years of experience related to M&E.
- Experience in research with qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies (statistics or econometrics), including developing research reports.
- Experience working with nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), international contractors, multilateral institutions or international cooperation agencies preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID M&E requirements preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced level using Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.