We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
CFCV No.: SVN2020.55
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: MHPSS
IOM Classification: NOA
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Job Field: Driver / Officer
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- The major aim of MHPSS/Protection programme is to mitigate the negative impact, strengthening capacities, social support, and reduced vulnerabilities/threats of affected population in NE Nigeria.
- Under the overall guidance of the Head of Sub office and the direct supervision of the MHPSS Programme Manager in Maiduguri, and in coordination with the Resource Management Officer in Maiduguri, the successful candidate will coordinate the Monitoring and Evaluation component of MHPSS programme in Maiduguri, in line with the expectations of IOM MHPSS’s donors and IOM’s requirements.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Lead overall evaluation and analysis of data collection, related task in the programme through designing and implementing a quality indicators system for collecting/tracking regular progress updates and inform to management through formal reporting aspects.
- Design and Implement evaluation System and improvement of the current data collection system.
- Develop and implement evaluation plan of the programme to support an improvement quality plan for all the services provided.
- Develop common indicators for data collection, design/adjust data collection tools/ templates, and assist for regular data collection/generation process of the services provided in the different areas of the Unit: MHPSS, Protection, Counter Trafficking and GBV.
- Participate in the design, implementation and analysis of the beneficiary accountability mechanisms and impact surveys to evaluate the success the MHPSS/GBV/CT programme from a beneficiary’s perspective; the results will act as diagnostic and alert systems to identify gaps in programming to inform improvements in the relevant areas.
- Provide technical support to project staff on implementing evaluation plan and logical framework.
- Liaise with project management to collect and analyse data and to determine progress achieved.
- In terms of Project Information Management, track programme’s output and outcome level results on the periodic basis in close coordination with programme manager and implementing team.
- Collect, analyse, check, verify and compile data from the field as stipulated in the evaluation and tracking plan.
- Review and compile monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, photographs, case studies video documentaries, power point presentation, etc.
- Update and maintain the programme database and integrate the existing organization’s databases to the humanitarian responses’ information management systems
- In coordination with programme manager develop the M&E capacity through training staff members on M&E concepts, skills and tools as well as enhancing their capacity for proper data collection and reporting.
- Design training materials, communication materials related to project and M&E System.
- In regards of quality assurance, reviewing field level assessment reports, regular assessments, and evaluation reports, as well as reports from partners/consultants are complete and meet the quality requirements.
- Prepare the M&E MHPSS/Protection/CT dashboard periodic progress report and submit to programme manager.
- Collect and/or draft case story, best practice documentation, lessons learnt; and update and manage that information in project’s reports and other knowledge products.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities related to M&E as assigned by programme manager
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in relevant field with relevant field of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in
- designing, implementing, and overseeing impact evaluation related task or Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields with two years of working experience within the required field of work.
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience in knowledge management and data driven interventions in the Unit’s field: MHPSS/Protection
- Hands on experience of managing database software.
- Programmatic experience in MHPSS, Protection and in relevant field will have added value
- Sound knowledge and experience on writing reports.
- Good interpersonal, communications, and facilitation skills.
- Strong statistical skills both quantitative and qualitative methods, including knowledge of Microsoft applications, and statistical software’s such as SPSS and Atlas ti 8 or NUD.IST.
- Working knowledge of the English language along with writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and multiple Native languages
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies: – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies: – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents and security clearances.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating the Position applied on the subject line.
Important Information & Notice
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2020.55 Maiduguri. National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Women are encouraged to apply