We recognize the individuality of each corporate customer and therefore offer a wide range of top class tailor-made products and services at competitive rates, designed to meet the unique needs of corporate organizations in attaining strategic goals. Our team of skilled and dedicated staff with cognate experience in various industries are always on ground to provide advisory services in line with your corporate objectives.
JOB TITTLE:Occupational Health and Safety Specialist
JOB FIELD: Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
Specialization:Occupational Health and Safety Specialist Needed at Sterling Bank
- Periodically review and understand the health and safety responsibilities of employees, Line Managers, stakeholders and the organisation; develop policies to ensure that everyone in the workplace are aware of their responsibilities as outlined in the organizational OH&S policies and programs and establish effective/innovative ways of entrenching and executing these programs.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to Investigate workplace health & safety issues in order to identify causes and determine how to prevent a recurrence in the future
- Develop programs and drive periodic campaigns to ensure workplace health and safety is everyone’s responsibility, while communicating to all employees the organization’s commitment towards occupational health and safety
- Act as secretariat for Occupational Health and Safety committee in the Bank and coordinate periodic meetings.
- Develop measures for preventing work related injuries and illnesses by proactively identifying possible risks.
- Carry out periodic workplace inspections, and work with Learning & Development to ensure employees’ OH&S trainings are up to date
- Foster a workplace safety culture in which employees and line managers work together to ensure workplace safety
- Establish effective procedures and channels that encourage employees to report unsafe conditions and unsafe practices
- Develop or maintain hygiene programs, such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys etc.
- Ensure the Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures conform with the applicable occupational health and safety legislation and accepted best practices
- Maintain records of injuries, category of illnesses and workers’ compensation
- Provide support and advice on employees with disabilities or special needs including Pregnant employees
- Collaborate with relevant teams to ensure Orientation, training, and ongoing communication with new employees, transferred employees, volunteers and temporary employees
- Contribute to the Organization’s definition of acceptable safe behavior
- First degree in any related discipline and a minimum of 4 years work experience in related role