We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Req ID: 200002BZ
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
- Applies the principles of product quality planning, evaluation, and control in support of the manufacturing and installation operations of the organization.
- Responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues such as corrective action requests, supplier corrective action requests, nonconforming material reports, etc.
- Leads containment activities.
- Facilitates continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects, and ensures continual improvement in process and product design.
- Ensures products and process development meet quality standards.
- Identifies problems, prioritizes actions, leads or participates in Six Sigma projects.
- Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, and analyzing data for decision support.
- Conducts audits of processes and quality systems.
- Works with purchasing to improve the quality of purchased parts.
- Serve as a quality technical resource to other functional areas.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, University, or equivalent Degree required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
- Sound knowledge of gensets trouble shooting, for X2.5 to QSX 15 models
- Understand Cummins genset parts and their functions on the genset.
- Good knowledge of In-power software and its use
- Sound knowledge of genset test process to meet quality standards
- Good knowledge of CQMS will be an added advantage.
- Ensures accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Quality Leadership (Cummins Operating System) – Demonstrates knowledge of the Cummins Operating System, quality management systems by applying the ten practices to assess business segment and functional performance, set strategy aligned with business needs and create consistency of purpose for continuously improving products, processes, services; enables data driven decision making and removes barriers to enable individuals to have line of sight to the customer; uses metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Statistical Foundations – Applies foundational statistical concepts required to run appropriate statistical tests and ensure the quality of data and correctness of the conclusions by using standard practices, choosing the right sample size, confidence level, level of significance, type of test; applies knowledge of statistics in cleansing or modeling such as outlier detection, survival analysis, time series, rank statistics, imputation, probability distribution fitting among many techniques.
- Problem Solving – Solves problems using a systematic analysis process by leveraging industry standard methodologies to create problem traceability and protect the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
- Advanced Product Quality Planning – Leads the technical quality planning and ensures customer satisfaction through structured and measurable processes as defined by industry standard.
- Dimensional Metrology – Applies dimensional measurement science in the development and application of measurement/inspection processes that deliver capable measurement results, supporting design validation and conformity assessment meeting regulatory, customer and product requirements.
- Mechanical Metrology – Applies mechanical measurement science in the development and application of measurement/inspection processes that deliver capable measurement results, supporting design validation and conformity assessment meeting regulatory, customer, and product requirements.
- Physical Metrology – Applies physical measurement science in the development and application of measurement/inspection processes that deliver capable measurement results, supporting design validation and conformity assessment meeting regulatory, customer, and product requirements.
- Quality System Management – Guides in the practice and application of quality system standards required by international certification bodies, industry specific regulatory authorities and customer’s contractually specified requirements
- Non Destructive Evaluation – Interprets the results of standard test methods to identify non-conforming indications against approved acceptance criteria to inspect components; develops new test methods or probes to detect features of interest when existing methods are inadequate to successfully assess the material and/or geometry to solve problems; identifies emerging inspection technologies considering detection limits, equipment cost, and processing speed to improve inspection effectiveness.
- Product Problem Solving – Solves product problems using a process that protects the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
- Technical Documentation – Documents information based on knowledge gained as part of technical function activities; communicates to stakeholders with the goal of enabling improved technical productivity and effective knowledge transfer to others who were not originally part of the initial learning.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online