Dutum Company Limited was incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1999, with registration number: RC 140577. Dutum is a world class engineering and construction group with a reputation for technical excellence founded on more than 20 years of experience. Dutum has been among the top rated Construction Companies in South West and Central parts of Nigeria. We create and care for essential assets: hospitals, bridges, schools, roads, petrol stations and other major structures. We work in partnership with sophisticated customers who value the highest levels of quality, safety and technical expertise – applying our skills to meet their individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
Employment Type: Full Time
Duties And Responsibilities
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Pay subcontractors
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Select and/or source construction materials
- Write reports.
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Allocate work to subcontractors.
- Value completed work and arrange payments.
- Hire and document contractors and subcontractors
- Act as a liaison between clients and site managers/engineers
- Keep track of construction materials and inventory
- Identify potential financial or construction risks
- Prepare payments for contractors and subcontractors
- Document progress, materials, and reports on project
- Advise on property taxes, regulations, and local laws
- Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs
- B.Sc in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ site experience in diverse Civil Engineering projects
- Professional certification such as Membership of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS), Quantity Surveyors Registration Board (QSRBN) and other Professional bodies will be an added advantage
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets and financial reports
- Excellent relationship-building, negotiation and interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online