Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of an estimated 4.8 million farmers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager – Culinary
Function: Not Applicable
Sub-Function: Not Applicable
Job Field: Manager
- We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead the sales efforts in the region. As the Regional sales manager (RSM), you will be responsible for planning & setting objectives to achieve the top line and bottom-line results of the region as per the business plan and defined budget.
- You should also be able to remotely supervise a team of salespeople and set profitable goals. Our ideal candidate will posses excellent communication skills with a strategic mindset.
- Olam PFB manufactures and markets a range of branded packaged food products to consumers across multiple African markets. Over the last decade, the PFB business has established regional brand and market leadership positions in multiple consumer categories across targeted markets in West Africa.
- Packaged Foods Business portfolio currently counts eight key brands that are marketed to more than ten South and West African markets. Our R&D teams, working closely with marketing, have helped us surprise and delight our consumers through differentiated and innovative products.
- The consumer categories we are present in West Africa include Tomato Paste, Instant Noodles, Instant Beverages, Biscuits, Confectioneries, Edible Oil, Pasta, and Dairy.
- Design and implement a regional sales plan in line with distribution segment strategy.
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Translate quarterly sales and revenue targets into comprehensive action plans.
- Acts as an innovator and recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Monitor performance against plans and objectives and takes remedial action in cases of shortfalls.
- Coordinate sales and distribution activities within the region.
- Monitor and report on competitor activities within the region.
- Manage, coordinate and support distributors.
- Address potential problems and suggest prompt solutions.
- Managing large local teams across a country/region.
- Drive to manage sales in unstructured environments.
- An understanding of how, and the willingness to go the extra mile, to bring added business value.
- Ability to lead and motivate a high-performance sales team.
- Management graduate with 10 to 15 years of post-qualification experience in a relevant industry.
- Prior experience in sales and distribution always adds value.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online