We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Location: Calabar – Cross River
Job Field: Driver / Officer
Employment Type: Contract
- Provide general support to the health and safety manager
- Assist the safety manager with health and safety monitoring activities
- Assist the safety manager with the management of fire safety throughout the organization
- Assist with the coordination and management of PPE, laboratory coats, environmental waste and environmental waste storage areas
- Liaise closely with the facilities management team to manage issues relating to the facilities service provision and specifically waste disposals, buildings, fire safety equipment, electrical testing and safety audit non-compliances
- Review and record checks on all fire exits, fire and fire equipment and fire signs
- Educate workers and employees on safety aspects, assists in preparing safety manuals and guidelines
- Inspect work area premises for hazardous elements
- Strictly adhere to corporate safety guidelines and procedures
- Promote the organization culture through standard policies
- First degree holder in Safety Management or related field
- Minimum of four years cognate experience
- Good understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Detail oriented and high-level observation abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Technical know-how
- Certification and trainings in HSE are mandatory
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that this role is on 6 months contract, subject to modifications.