We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Manager
Job Number: 20051683
Location: Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Position Type: Management
Job Field: Manager
Job Category: Sales and Marketing
- Functions as the leader of the hotel’s sales and marketing department with responsibility for the property’s reactive and proactive sales, marketing, public relations and e-commerce strategy.
- Requires strong connectivity to the right networks of high profile guests and the ability to do non-traditional selling and public relations that generates high revenues for the hotel.
- Provides day to day leadership to the sales and marketing associates to achieve hotel sales and marketing objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
- Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based guest and client relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s’ sales objectives.
- Develops and leverages local networks to bring the right business to the hotel as well as establishes and maintains high levels of exposure and visibility for the property.
- Maintains strong market specific relationships and required connections.
- Manages the marketing budget to enable development and pull through of hotel specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
- Leverages, as appropriate, existing Marriott Sales and Marketing engines to implement hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to exceed guest expectations.
- Partners with Four Points by Sheraton’s Corporate Office who will provide the lead on design, concept, “brand integrity”, marketing, food and beverage concepts, public relations and special event consulting at the hotel level.
Core Work Activities
Sales & Marketing Strategy Development & Execution:
- Develops sales, marketing and public relations goals and strategies consistent with the brand business strategy.
- Develops sales and marketing goals and strategies that maximize revenues and market penetration; adjusts marketing strategies to reflect changing conditions.
- Executes the sales strategy and verifies individual booking goals are met for both self and staff.
- Verifies the development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market.
- Assesses market position and recommends product and service needs and changes necessary to meet sales and marketing objectives consistent with brand goals.
- Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing team to acquire new business and / or close on business.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked.
- Negotiates room rates, closes sales and meets aggressive sales targets.
- Develops pre-opening sales and marketing goals and strategies and verifies alignment with the brand business strategy.
- Partners with Operations on a world class repeat guest recognition program to create maximum wallet share.
Leading Marketing and Public Relations Activities:
- Partners with the corporate Four Points by Sheraton brand team to determine and develop marketing communication strategy and tactics.
- Provides feedback on high impact public relations, advertising and promotional programs.
- Coordinates and executes sales presentations, client meetings, property tours and site inspections prior to key events, as required.
- Develops strong partnerships with local public relations and media firms to further increase brand / product awareness.
- Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
- Manages execution of guest and public relations events.
- Contributes property specific information to be used for press releases, prepares information for media kits.
- Manages special events to gain public attention through the media without advertising directly.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with local and municipal government officials and media representatives.
- Identifies, develops, and evaluates marketing strategy, based on knowledge of established objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
Sales and Marketing Point of Contact and Consultant:
- Guides leaders of revenue generating departments in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the hotel’s financial performance.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
- Leverages existing Marriott sales and marketing engines, as appropriate.
- Serves as the sales contact for the General Manager, hotel leadership team and other departments at Marriott.
- Serves as hotel authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
- Supports the General Manager in coordinating crisis communications.
Providing Exceptional Service:
- Serves as the sales contact and advocate for guests and clients.
- Executes and supports Four Points by Sheraton standards.
- Executes exemplary service to drive guest satisfaction and loyalty by assisting guests and verifying their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target guest and their service expectations; serves the guests and clients by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, offers better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to hotel leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Manages relationships with decision makers at top accounts and “high-profile” guests and companies.
Leading Special Events Sales Activities:
- Manages and directs the on-property Sales and Marketing Executive to achieve hotel revenue goals by proactively targeting current and new accounts in the market and implementing effective deployment strategies to grow market share.
- Manages the event sales efforts for the hotel; solicits/books local special event business.
- Develops and manages the special events revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
- Assists in developing special event menus which drive sales.
- Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of promotions.
- Interacts effectively with guests / clients, sales and kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to maintain guest satisfaction.
- Works with F&B team to develop strategies, programs, promotions to increase cover counts in restaurants and lounges / bars.
- Monitors information and research pertaining to local competitive venues.
- Partners with HR to attract, develop and retain the right people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market.
- Verifies effective structures, processes, jobs and performance management systems are in place.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the LPP, align performance and rewards, appropriately, address performance issues, and hold staff accountable for successful results.
- Supports tools and training resources to educate sales and marketing staff on winning solutions.
- Identifies, trains and mentors group sales, marketing, PR, and revenue management associates.
- Verifies sales and marketing staff receive appropriate training.
- Provides performance guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance through formal and informal appraisal processes.
Financial, Sales, and Revenue Management Analysis and Reporting:
- Provides intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Reviews all reports, including competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position.
- Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Verifies successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
- Monitors period-end reports with emphasis on booking pace and productivity and provides feedback to Executive Committee.
- Manages operating budget and forecasting for sales and marketing with assistance from Finance & Accounting, to enable specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet hotel objectives.
- Monitors and critiques sales and marketing Profit and Loss statements to verify accuracy and alignment with budgetary requirements.
- Manages the relationship with the revenue management office/staff.
- Responds to off-hotel requests for sales information
- Reviews revenue management reports
- Conducts analysis of guest segment performance at the hotel and in the market.
- Reviews daily inventory management reports
- Performs assessments of competitor rates, occupancy, and sales activities.
- Develops pricing strategies, balancing hotel objectives and guest satisfaction.
Education and Experience:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area; OR
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
- Communication – Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results – Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and / or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability:
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management – Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and / or others.
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges:
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Sales Disposition – Energetic, proactive, takes calculated risks, and perseveres to attain goals.
- Devising Sales Approaches and Solutions – Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Sales Ability – Persuasiveness – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Sales Call Facilitation – Ensuring that a call serves its sales objectives; maximizing the productiveness of interactions by monitoring and building on guests and client cues.
- Sales Opportunity Analysis – Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing client’s business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
- Supporting Sales Implementations – Supporting guests during the implementation of sales contracts; seeking and taking appropriate actions on guest feedback; taking responsibility for guest satisfaction and loyalty.
- Media Communication – The ability to represent the property effectively to the media and in public forums through verbal or written communications such as news releases, background statements for media, and responses to media inquiries. This includes the knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- High-Profile Connections – Knowledge of and ability to establish relationships with “high-profile” guests and networks (celebrities, public officials, corporate executives, well-known and influential companies and organizations).
- Local Knowledge – Knowledge of local attractions, special events, and venues.
- Revenue Management – Knowledge of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management).
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.):
- Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online