Alan & Grant, is a Human Resources and Business Advisory firm. By combining creative and strategic minds, we co-create relevant and impactful solutions to our clients. ...additionally, we are developing capabilities to create and manage a portfolio of HR & Enterprise Products aimed at enhancing employee performance, business agility and overall productivity
Service Engineer – Analytical Instruments
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Engineering / Technical
Industry: Health Care
- Delivers professional Service activities (installation and associated training, maintenance, reparation, assistance etc.) in order to provide an optimum Service support to all the local customers to achieve loyalty.
- Contributes to achieve specific Service related targets as defined for revenues, profit, service order volume, etc. – while complying with internal rules and practices
- Acts within general Service policies, business processes and procedures (PPP) and local procedures and rules.
- Performs service activities within guidelines and in compliance with internal & customer procedures and regulations. This means mainly: Installs, repairs, maintenance and instruction of use of instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations.
- Provides responsive telephone and on-site support and generally work to ensure that customer is successful in the use of Life Technologies Instrumentation.
- Assures the professional relationship with existing customers to achieve customer loyalty to our company.
- Utilization of the Escalation Procedure as appropriate.
- Assures own related asset management including spare parts stock, company car, telephone, tools, software and computers, calibrations, literature etc.
- Coordinates own work schedule with relevant partners (service coordinator, team leader, colleagues). Produces timely and accurate reports of the own activities as appropriate: i.e. engineer reports, planned maintenance reports, installation reports, expense reports etc. (via email or written)
- Assures that its own activities are in line with the activities of the rest of the local commercial organization (sales & support) and informs customers of company’s other product and services.
- Minimum of 1-3 years cognate experience
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Electrical Engineering / Electronics, Biomedical Engineering or Physics
- Experience in Clinical Engineering is highly desired.
- Very good working knowledge of computers in general with proficiency in the MS Office Suite
- Analytical / troubleshooting skills (Electronics/Electro-mechanical)
- Willingness to travel through Africa and Europe (50% – 75%)
- Good verbal and written command of the English (technical) language
- Valid passport & Driving licensed is required.