Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Support Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Financial Services / FinTech
Job Field: Manager
Reports to: Lead Software Support Manager
- Our purpose at Paga is to make it simple for 1 billion people to access and use money. We do that by delivering innovative financial services to the mass market across large, underserved markets.
- We were founded on the simple belief that the growing ubiquity of the internet and mobile phones enables us to build an ecosystem that empowers everyone to digitally send and receive money and to use simple but meaningful financial services.
- At Paga we value above all else, Collaboration, Ownership, Results Orientation, Integrity and Innovation (CORII).
- As a Software Support Manager at Paga, you will share responsibility for coordinating the activities of the level 3 support (engineering support) team on the Paga platform to respond to deliver great customer experience by resolving support requests within committed SLAs and improving support operations.
Knowledge And Skill Requirements
- A degree in a related discipline
- 1+ years executing support, management or operations in an agile software development team
- Experience: 2+ years executing support, management or operations in an agile software development team
- Experience working with team development tools and organization structures
- Experience working with software case management and issue tracking system
- Proven team management and task management qualities
- Service Maven – Passionately driven by quality of service and meeting high standards/metrics for service quality delivery. Consistently performs follow up activities well and make sure SLA is met and customers are satisfied.
- Process Champion – A role model to the support team in strictly following rules and regulations of the support process. Capable of identifying gaps in the process and bringing new ideas or solutions to enhance it.
- Data Analysis – Is able to analyze and also supervise sophisticated/complex data analysis and generate meaningful reports which can be used for higher level decision making.
- Compassionate Manager – Able to effectively manage and motivate a team against hard deliverables and timelines while maintaining a positive work climate and team morale.
- Root Cause Analysis – Capable of driving end-to-end investigation and resolution of issues through a support team to determine root cause of a given issue and provide meaningful summary/conclusion.
- Mastering Product Knowledge – Can clearly and confidently explain in-depth about the product and can proactively tell when new change/update is introduced.
Non-Technical Values & Traits:
- Scope – Is able to take on independent responsibility for the execution of clearly defined processes and contributes to the improvement of existing processes with supervision.
- Initiative – Takes initiative to improve on design of the areas of responsibility in collaboration with peers.
- Follow Through/Scrappiness/Grit/Availability – Sees tasks through to completion, focusing on quality and completeness rather than speed of execution. “Does what it takes” to marshal resources and support to drive tasks to completion efficiently.
- Business Impact Awareness – Has a keen understanding of the impact of product decisions and incidents on the business. May make independent sensible design decisions that optimize business value of work.
- Vision & Strategic Perspective – Is able to understand the vision and strategic goals of the organization. Understands current business strategic goals and incorporates them in design and development decisions in an effective way. Demands an understanding of strategic motivations for their work
- Collaboration – Courteous, tactful and diplomatic. Responds positively to request for help from internal and external partners. Does his/her share of tasks. Takes on additional work, when asked, to help a colleague out. Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks.
- Ownership & Results Orientation – Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative taking in personal and professional level. Accepts responsibility for outcomes even when elements are not within his/her control, providing a balanced and objective explanation. Supports and encourages others to adopt a constructive attitude to the successful completion of work responsibilities. Share own successes and praise others for motivation. Motivates colleagues through their own enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Integrity – Is honest without fail. Treats everyone with respect. Expresses an interest in the way people behave, recognizing the importance of attitudes and motives. Acknowledges the good work of others. Pays close attention to the needs of others.
- Process & Policy Adherence – Keeps up to date with rules and regulations. Applies policies, processes and procedures to daily working. Identifies and proposes solutions for improvements to ways of working.
- Communication – Expresses ideas or facts clearly. Good written and verbal communication skills. Promotes two-way communication with others through correct interpretation of messages and appropriate responses. Communicates in a non-threatening way. Shows empathy
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online