We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Thematic Subject Matter Expert – iMMAP COVID Response
Contract Start: 01 September 2020
Contract End: 01 August 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Contract Length: 11 Months
Status: National Consultant
Job Field: Federal Jobs
- The outbreak of COVID-19 brought about unprecedented change to the way governments, institutions, and people do business globally including Nigeria, where the first case was reported on the 27th of February 2020. Late 2019, the situation in northeast Nigeria was already fragile with an estimated 7.9 million people in need of humanitarian assistance due to the protracted conflict.
- The COVID-19 outbreak and imposed movement restrictions including on trade, added the brunt of an additional one third – within a couple of months – to the people in need reaching 10.6 million. The humanitarian community is required to maintain the presence and increase reach in the northeast while access to updated and disaggregated information became more challenging. Therefore, actors will relay further on the use of secondary data and remote data collection methods.
- In collaboration with OCHA, this project aims to support the humanitarian sectors in northeast Nigeria with information management services including the establishment of continuous screening/ update of Secondary Data Review (SDR) repository, technical backstopping to sectors’ Information Management and for monthly situation analysis. This project will support a global project involving 6 countries. The position is supervised by the Senior IMO/Analyst Project Lead.
Description of Duties
- The Senior Thematic Subject Matter oversees the thematic analysis of data, their elaboration and deliverables / report writing in close coordination with the Senior Analyst and with the Project Lead. These include, but not limited to, analysis of the changing political and conflict situation; analysis of local stakeholders; analysis of local governance structures; local stakeholder capacity assessments.
- The Context Analyst will primarily be involved in tracking situational data and conducting analysis, composing contextual reports based upon said analysis, supporting the production of reporting products, composing sub-district profiles, meeting with, and briefing, partners and stakeholders.
- Produce regular reports and analysis while shaping tracking outputs to best fit the information needs of iMMAP partners and the humanitarian architecture;
- Stay aware of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment for inclusion in analysis and timely alerting of appropriate actors;
- Contribute to survey design to ensure the most relevant information is collected at the appropriate level of disaggregation;
- In coordination with iMMAP’s IM and analysis teams, develop a reporting matrix and follow up throughout life of project to ensure timely and regular publishing of high-quality reports and information;
- Develop report outlines and work with the IM team to enhance and automate regular reporting functions;
- Provide high quality research and analysis to the iMMAP analysis team enabling evidence-based representation from the field and ensure documentation is supported;
- Actively tracking and monitoring political, security/conflict, economic, social, and infrastructure related developments and dynamics in country that directly or indirectly affect displacement and scenarios.
- Develop and maintain a network of key informants for the purpose of attaining and triangulating sensitive information pertaining to the local context.
- Manage relations with any potential sub-partners conducting research on the local context.
- Closely monitor and analyse open source media and reporting pertaining to the local context.
- Work closely with iMMAP technical specialists in support of data visualisation, imagery, and GIS and keep concerned counterparts fully briefed on project implementation and progress from the functional and technical standpoints.
- Support and document the review and development of the project strategy, and projected targets, and indicators per the proposal submission.
- Coordinate with subcontractors inside / outside country on deliverables feeding into projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Politics, Economics, International Relations or related field required;
- 5 years’ experience with reporting, preferably in the field of humanitarian information management an asset;
- Advanced prior knowledge of local context required;
- Prior experience in humanitarian context required;
- Familiarity with the aid system and an understanding of donor requirements;
- Ability to operate in cross-cultural environment and work independently;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of Open Data Kit surveying an asset;
- Knowledge of ArcGIS an asset.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.