We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Officer
Job Field: Driver / Office
Employment Type: Full-time
- Directing activities related to dispatching, routing and tracking transportation trucks.
- Perform checks of all vehicles to ensure that they are in working condition.
- Keep logs regarding the total distance which is traveled by the vehicles
- Allot, monitor and over see all the responsibilities assigned to drivers, mechanics etc
- Supervise drivers and ensure that resources are used to maximum productivity.
- Prepare cost estimates of vehicle, spare parts, equipment and manpower.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of the company’s transport safety policies, maintenance rules/regulations
- Supervise drivers’ tests and maintain all records of testing and license
- Ensure that all trucks are complaint with legal regulatory and contractual requirements and where necessary escalating any identified issues and recommending resolution to the management.
- Work closely with the maintenance team to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or lack of routine maintenance.
- Monitor fuel purchases by administering fuel vouchersÂ for all trucks to their respective drivers and ensuring compliance by regular visits to partner fuel stations.
- Issuing and collection of waybills
- OND / HND in Mechanic Engineering or B.Sc in Business Administration, Transport Management, or other related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years progressive relevant experience in transport operations
- Must have technical knowledge ofÂ heavy-duty vehicles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent inventory management skills
- Reliable and able to work under pressure
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.