Salient Humanitarian Organisation is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Data Officer
Location: Bama, Borno State – North East Nigeria (100% field)
Job Field: Driver / Officer
Starting date: 1st September, 2020
Duration of contract: 4 month (Extendable)
Reporting to: Common Warehouse Project Manager
General Context of the Project
- The armed opposition insurgency started in 2009 and Maiduguri was the epicentre of the armed conflict.
- The armed conflict later spread to all twenty-seven (27) Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno State, North East Nigeria.
- The conflict took an international dimension as it spread to the neighbouring countries of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, resulting in the displacement of millions of people across all four frontiers.
- The Armed Opposition Group (AOG) has been killing people in both rural and urban centres in their quest to form a hairline Islamic State in the north east of Nigeria.
- A high number of towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social services and amenities have also been destroyed and are now non-existent.
- Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent.
- Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Within the scope of SALIENT HUMANITARIAN ORGANISATIONТs Common Warehouse Storage project, funded by WFP;
- The WH Data Collection & Storage Officer would responsible under overall supervision of WH In- charge to the common Warehouse activities, assessment & analysis related data implemented within the framework of the project plans, ensuring that they are delivered following the proposal text agreed upon with the donor, and that these activities are achieving timely results.
- During absence of WH Incharge, position will be wholly accountable for given activities under direct supervision of Project Lead
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard SALIENT HUMANITARIAN ORGANISATION inventory management policies and procedure;
- Provide information and logistics support to partners and warehouse staff where necessary;
- Responsible for data keeping/documentation at all times. Take lead in data tracking of all partners using the storage facility.
- Responsible for documentation of all receipt and dispatch (received notes/Delivery note/Stock transfer sheet/Waybills) are complete and archived in compliance with
- SALIENT HUMANITARIAN ORGANISATION standards (scan documents and archive digital versions on computer) both soft and hard copies.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse and other relevant document.
- Update as per SALIENT HUMANITARIAN ORGANISATION requirements, the asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce timely reports as requested by the warehouse in-charge and in relation to WFP standard of operations (SOPs).
- Support in preparing and sending to the warehouse and supply chain coordinator the stock report on a monthly basis.
- Develop new data collection and data analysis tools, including efficient data capturing forms.
- Cargo tracking on RITA software with the warehouse in- charge and proper takeover in his absence.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain physical and digital records according to standard guidelines considering: update the Relief Item Tracking Application daily to reflect all transactions (new requests, receipt of goods, and release of goods) based on completed documentation; maintain physical records per individual request/consignment per Service User.
- Filling of waybills, consignment reports, labourers pay sheet as well as any relevant document for proper record keeping and documentation.
- Compile data of which actors are in location, what type of activities they do;
- Put together data of Partners contact list (MoU contact & actual contact)
- Collect accurate data for generator usage
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to staff.
- Prepare and deliver weekly/monthly/mid term / final data reports;
- Keep and share the record of visitor: suggestions – comments – complains
- Take record of car data
- Take minutes of internal/external meetings and keep record
- Archive every day problems / challenges with the solutions given or suggested
- Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet operational requirements.
- Assist in developing the project data collection plan including monitoring and evaluation tools
- Support the project manager to compile data and present quality statistics that meet user needs and contribute to decision making;
- Keeping the data as up to date as possible;
- Offer IT support and training to SALIENT HUMANITARIAN ORGANISATION staff in Bama / Banki
- IT focal point in Bama/Banki
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Logistics;
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical in Warehousing management (ware house management);
- Documented results related to the positionТs responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
- Ability to put up with pressure from government agencies;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills; Minimum one year work experience with international/national NGOs and/or local authorities in the Nigerian context;
- Strong listening and empathy skills, as well as commitment to supporting women and children survivors/ at risk;
- Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
- Computer literate (Word and Excel);
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
- Salient Humanitarian Organisation reserve right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project. Position will be based in Bama
- Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food;
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- No TA/DA will be provided for the field work appointed to work for;
- Salient reserve the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020.
Methods of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application (Letter of Motivation and CV) via E-mail to: email@example.com indicating the “Job position” as subject of the e-mail
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- Please clearly indicate the “Job position” on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.